Failed to boot on firmware 7.1.69

edited April 2016 in Kinoma Create

Yesterday I updated my Kinoma Create to the newest version 7.1.69. It works fine for a while. But today, during debugging my project with I2C NFC reader connected to the backward I2C pins, my Kinoma Create stopped working. Then I tried to reboot by pressing power button for 10 mins. After rebooting, there is only a kinoma logo on the screen. No Kinoma home screen appeared after 10 minutes. Unfortunately, I do not have set up bootable SD card yet. Could anyone give me some instructions to make bootable SD card? I'm familiar to the Linux command line, so if anyone can tell me URLs for the OS image, I think I can make a bootable card.

Answers

• Hi mokjpn,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. We'll get you back up and running as quickly as we can.

To start, you say that you're comfortable working at the Linux command line. Are you able to either telnet into the device or use a mini-usb port to create a serial console connection?

If you can get that working, I should be able to help you from there. Otherwise, we'll come up with an alternate solution.

Cheers!

— Andy

• Andy, Thank you for your kind support.

I confirmed that the serial console of my kinoma works fine. I can input Linux commands for "K [root@KINOMA ]# " prompt via the mini-USB cable.

• Greetings! I've followed up directly with you via email. If you don't receive that email for whatever reason, please let me know here.

— Andy