XSBug Crashing on Ubuntu 15.04

Hi

I tried to build and run XSBug on Ubuntu 15.04. It builds successfully. However, when I try to launch it, It crashes with the following message:

There are pending events, removed There are pending events, removed There are pending events, removed

(xsbug:6331): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_foreach: assertion 'GTK_IS_CONTAINER (container)' failed

(xsbug:6331): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_set_qdata: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Answers

• Hi,

It is possible that you ended up with a bad copy of the kinomajs tree. One of my colleagues was able to replicate your issue until he re-downloaded kinomajs, rebuilt xs6 then rebuilt xsbug.

In my own testing on a fresh 15.04 (x64) VM, I found a few crashes on launch out of about 30 launches - but none with your error. It is possible that there is some slight instability with xsbug under 15.04. Currently the software is validated against the Ubuntu LTS releases only.

I've asked another developer to take a look at the issue and will get back to you with any findings he has. In the meantime, let me know if re-pulling the source helps.

Cheers,

Will