Update Fails To Install

While trying to update Kinoma Studio from version 1.3.41.3 to version 1.3.49 the following error stopped installation:

An error occurred while uninstalling session context was:(profile=profile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Uninstall, operand=[R]com.marvell.kinoma.product.create_root.win32.win32.x86_64 1.3.41.3 --> null, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CleanupzipAction). Backup of file D:\Kinoma\Kinoma Studio\Kinoma Studio.exe failed.

File that was copied to backup could not be deleted: D:\Kinoma\Kinoma Studio\Kinoma Studio.exe

I am running Windows 8.1 bit 64 bit version.

Comments

• Hello,

I've been able to reproduce this issue on my machine and have reported it to the proper developers. In my testing, I've found you can work around this issue by moving the "Kinoma Studio" folder to your Documents or Desktop folder.

Windows has some security measures in place preventing executables from modifying themselves, especially when they are located outside of the user's folders. This may well be causing the problem.

I'll reply back once I know more. Please let me know if relocating Studio doesn't get you around the issue for the time being.

Cheers,

Will