Kinoma Studio gives error upon launching in Windows 7. Was working before, downloaded again.

Unable to copy from the error window. Java was started but returned exit code=13 I can send screenshot in .png (unable to upload here)

Answers

• Hi,

That error can occur if you have the 64-bit version of Java installed, but the 32-bit edition of Studio (or the reverse I believe). Recent changes in the Java installer / updater have lead to some issues with updates to 64-bit Java uninstalling older versions of 32-bit rather than updating them as well.

I suggest you confirm the presence of the version of Java that matches the copy of Studio you downloaded. If that doesn't provide an answer, you could also try downloading the other version of Studio (32-bit if you have 64-bit or vis-versa) and the matching copy of Java (if you don't already have both).

Let me know if the problem persists.

Cheers,

Will

• Thanks Will. I installed 32-bi Kinoma Studio, as the latest update of Java on my machine installed the 32-bit Java. Now Kinoma Studio launches and I am able to run example project.